If you are looking for screen sharing software, you are in the right place.
Remote work is now the new normal in the post-pandemic world. Screen sharing is a vital part of the mix as it allows people to share info, work on a project, and collaborate regardless of distance.
I’ve scoured the net for the leading screen sharing tools for personal use and business, so you don’t have to.
Let’s dig in.
What Is Screen Share Software?
A screen sharing program allows users to share their computer screens with other users remotely.
12 Top Screen Sharing Software Compared
Let’s go straight into individual screen sharing programs and what they offer.
TeamViewer is a remote connectivity cloud platform that connects computers, mobile devices, servers, IoT devices, and more with super fast connections via their global access portal.
They are a widely used screen sharing program with impressive numbers:
- 2.5+ billion installations.
- 320 million active devices per year.
- 600,000+ global connections.
- Fully Interactive: dynamic team collaboration via interactive screen sharing—gain remote access to a colleague’s screen, highlight points, and give feedback effortlessly.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: collaborate easily with other users or team members whether they are on a Windows/macOS desktop, Linux, Chrome OS, or Android.
- Multiple Communication Options: from a built-in video conferencing solution to VoIP calls, instant messaging, and online whiteboard, you have limitless communication options.
- File Transfer: the document share functionality allows you to share important files with colleagues fast and link them to cloud storage providers for easy access to everyone.
- Gives you remote access to any device, anytime, anywhere.
- Handy whiteboard feature for explaining difficult concepts.
- Drag and drop files from one computer to another without downloading a file first.
- A stable HD video quality that doesn’t get lost even with a poor connection.
- No customization options so you can’t change the program name or icons.
- Starting at $23 a month, TeamViewer is expensive.
AnyDesk is a remote desktop software to control computers remotely from the office, home, or halfway around the world.
The program makes working remotely easy by providing individuals, IT pros, and teams with secure remote desktop connections. With 300+ million downloads globally, AnyDesk is a popular screen sharing tool.
- All Platforms: the tool is compatible with all popular operating systems and devices with apps for macOS, Windows Microsoft, iOS, Android, Linux, and Raspberry Pi.
- Online Meetings: easily host virtual meetings and events using the powerful screen sharing and video conferencing features.
- Rocksolid Security: the software encrypts and protects every connection using the watertight banking standard TLS 1.2 technology.
- Remote Support: the screen sharing tool allows developers to solve complex customer issues without leaving their homes or offices using the robust desktop sharing feature.
- Easily manage remote teams from any location.
- They have a free version so you can take the software for a spin with no strings attached.
- Five-star customer support that fixes issues speedily.
- Easy setup and installation, even for technophobes.
- Sharing large files can be a problem.
- The program loses connections between calls and reconnecting takes a long time.
Join Me is a screen sharing tool for easy virtual meetings and team collaboration.
The software works brilliantly for everyone: individuals, teams, and businesses. They have a free plan that allows anyone to join meetings for free. But hosting meetings and other powerful features are locked up in the paid business plans.
- Screen Sharing: superb screen sharing capabilities that include Android screen sharing apps driven by multi-stream video technology.
- Video Conferencing Tools: in-built one-click video conference feature that allows you to switch from chats to video calls without changing apps.
- Business Calls: the cloud-based phone system is compatible with 180+ desk phone models high-quality video calls and audio calls
- Webinars: with GoToMeeting online screen sharing you can host modern engaging virtual events and deliver your content through interactive live or pre-recorded webinars.
- An affordable high-quality video conferencing feature.
- You can let any participant present to the entire group without giving permission manually.
- You have total control over what your audience can see.
- You can draw and highlight specific areas on your screen to drive your point home.
- The online meeting software has connectivity issues and doesn’t work well if you don’t have a strong Wi-Fi signal.
- They have an outdated user interface that is hard to master.
Screenleap is one of the best free screen sharing software around.
This simple no-frills but powerful tool allows you to share your screen instantly during online meetings, collaborations, or sales demos. You can share your screen instantly with any device with a browser.
- Free Screen Sharing: share your screen with anyone on any device with a browser (including PCs, Macs, tablets, and smartphones) without paying a dime.
- Website Integration: easily add screen sharing audio conferencing, and video conferencing to your WordPress website (or other CMS) via the API.
- Smart Collaboration: share remote access to your computer with viewers and allow them to highlight things on your screen without asking them to install any software.
- Cloud Recording: record and share your meetings easily without uploading recordings manually.
- The screen sharing software has an easy signup process and user-friendly interface so you can get going in minutes.
- They have crystal clear screen share and video quality that looks great on any device.
- They have a generous free version for light users.
- You can capture your viewer’s information and export it to your CRM.
- Some nice features like screen recording and customization are not included in the lower tier plans.
- The basic plan has a daily time limit of 8 hours.
Skype is a famous telecommunications app that keeps people connected and talking.
They have a splendid array of features. These include screen sharing software, audio and HD video calling, call recording, smart messaging, and phone calls. With a staggering 4 billion users, Skype is undoubtedly one of the best screen sharing software on the market.
- Screen Sharing: share your presentation screen with multiple users during a call using the easy-to-use native screen sharing software.
- Audio and HD Video Calling: enjoy sharp sound and video on all your group calls.
- Call Phones: call landlines and mobile phones anywhere on the globe at ridiculously low rates.
- Call Recording: easily record all your calls, complete with live subtitles to read the spoken words.
- You use one Skype for all your devices: phone, desktop, tablet, Alexa, and Xbox.
- Connect with colleagues and family no matter where you are.
- Skype enables users to host or join online group meetings for free or at dirt-cheap rates.
- No sign-ups, no downloads for your meeting attendees.
- No breakout rooms functionality for meetings that need smaller groups.
- Skype translator is unreliable.
to call unlimited mobile and landlines in the U.S
With the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, Zoom usage exploded.
Because the workflow shifted online as longer meetings became the norm. So popular is Zoom that it has become synonymous with online meetings, video calls, webinars, chats, messaging, and desktop sharing.
Zoom has a jaw-dropping 300 million daily meeting users.
- HD Audio/Video: the sharing software lets up to 100 meeting participants enjoy high-quality video and sound during meetings.
- Screen Sharing Tools: easily share your entire screen or portions of it with your audience—you can also share content from a second camera.
- Collaboration Tools: the program’s built-in collaboration tools empower many participants to share their screens at the same time.
- File Sharing: send important files to your entire audience or individual participants through the in-meeting/webinar chat.
- High-quality video with no buffering.
- A generous free plan that allows you to host and attend online meetings without paying a penny.
- The meeting room feature allows you to schedule and launch meetings from your conference room.
- Their useful whiteboarding feature works on Windows, Mac, Linux, iPad, and Android operating systems.
- The screen sharing software performs poorly if your Wi-Fi signal is weak.
- You must download the app to use the software.
(host up to 100 participants for 40-minute meetings)
Mikogo is a free screen sharing software solution.It’s a desktop sharing software application for web conferencing, training, online collaboration, and remote support. Mikogo is one of the best screen sharing software for desktops.
- Mobile Apps: attend meetings and view screen shares with the Android or iOS apps or join via your mobile browser.
- Screen Sharing: share content with meeting participants using desktop sharing and the portable version that doesn’t require installation.
- Cross-Platform: share your documents, desktop, and host meetings with up to 25 participants on PC or Mac.
- Remote Control: hand over control of your computer to someone else in the same room or elsewhere with a remote keyboard and mouse control.
- Switch Presenter: make your meeting more engaging by handing over the reins to any of your meeting participants so they contribute and annotate on a shared screen.
- No downloads so your participants connect without installing any software.
- Mikogo is available in 35+ languages including French, Japanese, Arabic, and Vietnamese.
- You can use the software on any operating system: Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android.
- Effortless screen sharing capabilities allow you to share your screen with a few clicks.
- Poor customer support that’s hard to reach and slow to respond to queries.
- A confusing interface that makes it hard for attendees to join meetings.
Webex Meetings by Cisco is an easy screen sharing program.
The tool lets you collaborate efficiently with partners, customers, and employees through video-first meetings with integrated voice, video, and screen sharing. They pride themselves on giving online meetings a face-to-face feel.
- File Sharing: share separate documents or files such as a specific PowerPoint, Word document, or even an entire application.
- All Devices: share an app or content with remote teams in real-time across any device be it Android, iPhone, iPad, or Webex devices.
- Collaborative Screen Share: your meeting attendees can share content in real-time, annotate files and collaborate with you for a more engaging meeting.
- Whiteboarding Feature: explain concepts better using the whiteboard feature that’s complete with text, colors, shapes, pencil, and eraser capabilities.
- Online Meeting: the Webex video-first system allows you to host or join a video meeting from any device including, tablet, laptop, or mobile while maintaining the same quality.
- Superb noise removal that takes away background noises and enhances the speaker’s audio quality.
- Attendees can engage with the host using emojis and animated reactions.
- Joining a meeting is effortless, just one click and you are in.
- Compared to competitors, Webex is one of the most feature-rich screen sharing programs on the market.
- Some features feel a little clunky and underdeveloped.
- The sound breaks a lot of times or the app shuts down on low bandwidth.
per month/host for 150 participants
per month/host for 200 participants
Splashtop is a next-gen remote control and access software.
They provide cheap, fast, and secure solutions for remote work. Whether you are an individual, large team, IT support, or help desk staff member, Splashtop has got you covered. Over the years, the software has powered 800+ million sessions and 30+ million people use it across the world.
- Share My Desktop: share your Windows desktop in view-only mode via a simple web link that can be viewed in almost any web browser.
- Multi-To-Multi Monitor: see many remote screens from multi-monitor systems at once, including multi-to-multi and multi-to-one.
- User Management: have full control of users’ participation levels: invite users, set their roles, and allow or bar access to certain computers.
- Session Recording: record all your remote access sessions and autosave all recordings to your local computer.
- Dual Access: two people can access a computer remotely simultaneously.
- You can chat with other users in and out of online sessions.
- The software complies with respected industry and regional cybersecurity standards boards including SOC 2, GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, and Our Global.
- You can share files between files quickly through the drag-and-drop file transfer tool.
- The program provides a smooth low-latency working experience.
- They limit their whiteboard function to Android and iPad devices.
- Random crashes and connection problems occur a little too often.
Business Access Pro Volume Licenses
With over one billion call connections and 20 years’ experience under their belt, Free Conference Call deserves a place on the best screen sharing software list.
Their software provides the easiest way to stay connected with colleagues and partners through free conference calling, video/audio conferencing, and screen share.
Free Conference Call Features
- Screen Sharing: show and annotate content on your desktop, swap presenters, hand over control to anyone in the meeting rooms.
- Conference Calls: host high-definition audio conferences for up to 1000 people via local dial-in numbers or VoIP on mobile devices or desktops.
- Breakout Rooms: allow participants to switch between the main meeting room and smaller meeting rooms for small group discussions.
- Recording And Playback: capture and archive all your screen sharing sessions for later use.
- Annotation Tools: mark up, add notes, and point out specific areas of your screen and apps you are sharing.
- Innovative pricing options that allow you to use the service for free or make donations starting at only $4 per month.
- Host up to 1000 users with all the bells and whistles high-definition audio, video, and screen sharing for free.
- Their service is free, you only pay what you can whenever you can.
- You can chat with the host or any participant during the meeting.
- Too much promotional content on the platform.
- They have a mere 1GB storage limit on recorded calls which gets depleted quickly.
Their service is free but they encourage users to donate monthly on one of three levels.
DemoDesk is a sales-focused screen sharing software.
It’s an intelligent customer meeting platform that helps you boost sales velocity and increase revenue. DemoDesk is a web-based screen sharing app geared for sales productivity.
- Screen Share: use the screen sharing software for remote collaboration and provide instant support to your customers without leaving the office.
- Video Conferences: engage customers and move them through the customer journey through interactive video web conferencing.
- Virtual Meetings: host online meetings with your sales leads and save on transport costs while feeding your sales funnel.
- CRM Automation: auto-update your sales data in your CRM after every meeting—recordings, call notes, and follow-ups.
- Because DemoDesk is a web-based app, there’s no need for downloads, plug-ins, or extensions.
- The system works with any browser or device.
- You can schedule meetings on Google Calendar inside your DemoDesk dashboard.
- The software is compatible with other communication tools and popular CRMs like SalesForce and HubSpot.
- The user interface needs improvement, especially the settings.
- The software freezes sometimes when hosting large group meetings.
Screen Sharing Software: The Final Word
That’s my list of the top screen sharing software.
Whether you want to do a virtual presentation, liaise with colleagues, or support clients from anywhere, screen sharing apps are the way to go. They are an inseparable part of the online business workspace.
So take your pick and share away.