You know what?
With the continued rise of the remote work culture, business calls and online meetings are now part of the modern workflow. Whether you are a solopreneur or an established brand with a huge team, you need call recording software to manage your business calls.
In this article, I will give you a list of the top call recording software in 2021.
What Is Call Recording Software?
Call recording software is a computer program that records and stores telephone conversations for marketing, sales, training, or other business purposes.
13 Best Automatic Call Recording Software Worth A Shot
With call basics done, let’s now weigh the call recording solutions at your disposal, one by one...
Best Call Recording Software For Marketing Agencies
Phone Wagon is a cloud-based call recording software with powerful call tracking and automation capabilities.
They help marketing agencies and businesses track and improve their telephone-based marketing campaigns.
- Call Recording Capabilities: record phone calls and add a timely greeting message that tells the caller the call is being recorded.
- Unlimited User Accounts: add unlimited users to your account, assign different user roles, and give them login powers for quick access.
- Custom Call Tagging: organize calls using ready-made templates or create color-coded custom tags.
- Simultaneous Ring: ring multiple numbers at once connect with the first person to answer to reduce wait times for inbound calls and improve customer experience.
- Advanced Reporting: get enlightening reports based on your phone call data to inform your strategy with facts, not guesswork.
- An easy-to-use interface that’s enjoyable to use.
- A responsive support team that gives prompt, personalized support.
- A robust reporting feature with advanced capabilities.
- An excellent visitor and keyword-level tracking feature.
- Their call history filtering is not as robust as that of competitors.
- Pricey in contrast to cheaper alternatives like Call Note.
CallRail bought Phone Wagon recently.
Best call recording solution for call tracking.
CallRail is a marketing platform that records, tracks, and manages phone leads.
It helps businesses that rely on phone leads as part of their outbound marketing strategy prove marketing ROI and optimize for growth.
- Call Tracking: record calls and monitor their performance so you get insights to fine-tune your marketing strategies.
- Conversation Intelligence: get AI-driven call transcriptions, analysis, and smart lead categorization.
- Lead Center: manage all your company’s calls, texts, and live chats from one dashboard to see what your leads are doing across channels.
- Form Tracking: connect all your phone and web leads including call recordings and transcriptions via form tracking.
- Record inbound and outbound calls at will.
- They have a first-class onboarding process and many resources to help you get started smoothly.
- You can track PPC calls down to the keyword level.
- Get live reporting so you know which campaigns provide a good ROI.
- They charge for form tracking and conversation intelligence separately.
- Their mobile app is clunky and not as smooth as the desktop one.
Premier Call Recording Software For Customer Service
Founded back in 2006, LiveAgent is a leading call recording tool.
They were one of the first companies to combine call recordings, live chat, playback, and help desk capabilities in one platform.
- Call Center: built-in VoIP (voice over internet protocol) call center software with advanced features like unlimited call recording, call back requests, and HD video calls.
- Live Chat: super-fast live chat for prompt customer service and deeper customer engagement.
- Omnichannel Capability: the software enables users to combine phone support, live chat, ticketing, and excellent social media support under one roof.
- Advanced Ticketing: get an elite ticketing system with 130+ features to give customers the best customer experience.
- You connect with your customers across all channels.
- They offer personalized coaching from their agents.
- They support iOS, Android, and desktops so you can use the tool on any device.
- A built-in CRM customer relationship management system.
- Their reporting feature is basic and not as extensive as that of competitors.
- No WhatsApp, Instagram, and LinkedIn integration.
Best Call Recording Tool For Sales Teams
Gong is a cloud-based revenue intelligence platform.
The software gives you insights into your sales team’s conversations with customers, deals in the pipeline
, and gives you insights on how to maximize revenue.
- People Intelligence: pick and clone what your prime reps do and turn your entire sales team into top sellers.
- Cross Channel: see all your customer interactions for the entire customer journey across all channels: phone calls, video calls, email, and SMS.
- Live Reporting: get fresh, live insights on customer conversations so you win more deals.
- Market Intelligence: get intel into what’s happening in your market so your go-to-market (GTM) strategy and messaging resonate.
- The software works as a call quality control tool to improve rep performance.
- The recording software integrates seamlessly with HubSpot and Salesforce.
- A machine learning-driven transcription technology with 90% accuracy.
- The deal intelligence feature helps you identify and plug leaks in your pipeline.
- It takes a while for call recordings to download.
- The search function needs improvement, so it’s easier to find archived call recordings.
Contact the sales team for customized pricing.
Leading Free Call Recording Software For SMBs
Boasting 9 million active users, Bitrix24 is a popular call recording software.
But it’s more than a call recording tool. It’s an all-in-one workspace with a complete suite of business tools: call center, CRM, websites, email, tasks/projects
, communications, video, and more.
- CRM: get a free, unlimited database of your current, past, and future clients and all their interactions with your brand.
- Communications: get all web meeting tools in one place: phone calls, call recording features, video calls, chats, and more.
- Tasks & Project Management: assign tasks to team members and store all project files, discussions, and tasks in a dedicated virtual space.
- Call Center: enhanced VOIP calls with call monitoring, call recording, routing, screening, forwarding, and more.
- The software Puts all your business communications under one roof.
- Solid automation features including email marketing and file sharing.
- Integrates with many business management services.
- It allows you to provide customer support on Facebook, Instagram, Skype, and WhatsApp.
- Poor support often leaves users stranded.
- A crowded, complex UI that overwhelms new users.
Best Call Recording Software For Video Meetings And Team Messaging
RingCentral is a cloud-based collaboration and communications tool.
It’s an all-inclusive call recording software. The Ring Central suite includes recording calls, internet fax, video conferencing, text, and online meetings.
- Video Meetings: host free, unlimited top-quality HD audio and video meetings with a crystal clear and dependable system.
- Call Centers: manage inbound and outbound calls and provide stellar customer support via the dynamic call centers.
- Team Messaging: chat, meet, share, and get work done faster with your colleagues through team messaging and collaboration.
- Business Phone System: easy-to-use cloud phone system with 50+ features: route calls, make sales calls, live monitoring, message teammates, and more.
- It’s a cloud-based VoIP service so you don’t need expensive onsite hardware.
- Automatic call recording, forwarding, and transcription.
- Multi-device functionality so you can switch from computer to smartphone smoothly.
- A nice UI that’s easy-to-use and manage calls.
- Their email support isn’t up to the mark.
- Some new workflows aren’t as smooth as they should be.
Top Call Recording Software For Contact Center Operations
Another respected call recording software is Talk Desk.
Talk Desk is a cloud-based contact center solution that uses artificial intelligence to help brands boost customer satisfaction.
- Customer Engagement: use the native apps in the contact center platform to deliver unforgettable customer experiences that build brand loyalty.
- Industry-Specific Solutions: get ready-made niche solutions for financial services, healthcare, travel and hospitality, and eCommerce.
- Contact Center: an AI-driven contact management system with call recording software, intelligent routing, mobile solutions, and analytics.
- Workforce Management: assess agent conversations with customers and get actionable feedback to help them improve.
- Analytics And Insights: get practicable data points you can use to improve customer experience.
- An integrated platform with 60+ native integrations plus 60+ productivity apps.
- An AI-infused solution that drives smart customer interactions.
- A customizable call center solution flexible enough for your ever-changing needs.
- An intuitive interface so users can get started with little or no training.
- No native ticketing system.
- Sometimes the software freezes after a caller has hung up.
Talk Desk Pricing
Leading Call Recording Software For Data-Driven Customer Experience
Next on the call recording tools list is Call Cap.
Call Cap is a call tracking and monitoring platform for brands that want to boost their marketing efficiency, improve ROI and staff performance.
- Call Tracking: packed call tracking feature with call forwarding, custom phone routing, and click-to-call capabilities.
- Call Monitoring: automatically record calls and get an unbiased view of every call, inbound or outbound.
- Outbound Marketing: promote your deals to customers effortlessly by sending automated, personalized voice promotions and coupons.
- Customized Integrations: connect your systems seamlessly: Google Analytics, Salesforce, TapClicks, and Bing Ads.
- Accessibility: access recorded calls anywhere, anytime, and keep your customers happy.
- You can expand your customer communication channels with Next MS, a smart fusion of instant messaging, photos, and videos.
- A fast call recording system with near real-time alerts.
- A superb tool for monitoring employee phone conversations with customers.
- A web-based system that allows you to listen to and share recorded calls from anywhere.
- No HubSpot and Google Data Studio integration.
- Their mobile app can be glitchy.
Top-Notch Call Recording Tool For Communication Service Providers
Oreka TR is a cloud-based screen recording platform.
They help businesses, communication service providers, and call centers with live monitoring, audio capturing, speech analytics, and more.
- Call Recording: with the Oreka recording software, you can record incoming calls and outgoing phone calls, group recordings by date, agent extension, phone numbers, timestamp, and more.
- Contact Center: set up a call center and start automatic recording in 30 minutes or fewer, and record millions of users in 150+ countries.
- AI-Enabled Speech Analytics: use the voice interaction capture engine to create laser-accurate data to pinpoint sales and customer service trends.
- Mobile Recording: capture inbound and outbound mobile phone calls using the mobile-ready Oreka MR infrastructure.
- Audit Trail For Compliance: track everything that happens in the system with timestamps so you know who did what and when they did it.
- A very affordable solution that’s typically 50% cheaper than other recording software.
- Easy 30 minutes set up so you get going fast and get same-day ROI.
- Excellent audio quality and the audio file is small.
- Their intuitive call search feature allows you to search millions of calls using multi-criteria.
- No documentation for some features so self-help can be difficult.
- No scheduled recording feature.
Free open-source software.
Prime Call Recording Solution For North American And Caribbean Numbers
Another leading call recording platform is Hanson Software.
Hanson Software is an advanced, easy-to-use call accounting software that covers recording desk phones. The program improves productivity, saves time, and boosts revenue.
- Call Recording: state-of-the-art, easy-to-use call recording software to automatically record calls from analog, SIP, and PRI lines.
- Call Accounting: track traffic and line usage so you get the optimal number of lines for adequate staff coverage at all times.
- Sales: allows sales managers to track and improve sales reps’ performance, analyze sales scripts, and review orders efficiently.
- Compliance: meet compliance standards for risk management, dispute resolution, and conversation verification.
- Customer Care: keep track of call quality, script execution, and sales leaders’ behavior for staff development and training purposes.
- They offer unlimited personalized training and incredible support.
- A handy blackout feature that prevents the recording of sensitive information.
- You can save and share recordings in WAV or MP3 file formats.
- Their call recording system allows you to control who has access to customer data.
- With so many features it can be a tad overwhelming for new users.
- The software is way more expensive than other recording solutions.
Best Free Call Recording Tool For iPhones
Call recording doesn’t have to be complicated.
Rev makes recording calls simple. Rev is the ultimate free call recorder for iPhones. Over 170k customers across all industries use the reliable recording app.
- Call Recording: use the recording features to record both incoming and outgoing calls and also store calls, while you are on the move.
- In-app Transcription Service: convert all your recorded calls to text seamlessly right inside the app.
- File Sharing: share all your recordings and transcriptions with teammates or other stakeholders via email, Dropbox, and more.
- Audio Trimmer: cut off all excess audio from your recordings with the drag-and-drop editor.
- Minimalistic: the phone system only gives you the essentials of call recording, transcription, trimming, and sharing minus the all distractive frills that crowd most call recording solutions.
- You get free, unlimited recording and get all the features people pay for in other business software.
- No hidden costs or ads so you will have a pleasurable experience.
- The app makes recording and transcribing phone calls pretty painless.
- You can record quality interviews on your phone which is convenient.
- The Android version of the app isn’t as recent as the iPhone one which always gets updated.
- Their interface is text-heavy and dull.
Call recording is free, but they sell related services.
Transcription by humans costs $1.25 per minute, while machine transcription is $0.25 per minute.
English video captions are $1.25 a minute and foreign language captions are $3-7 per minute.
Top Pick For A Video Call Recorder For Online Meetings
In the pandemic work environment, you can’t do business without online video meetings.
So it’s invaluable for you to capture these virtual meetings. Call Note does a superb job of on demand recording of meetings from all the popular online video conferencing software.
- Call Recording: automated recording of video calls Zoom, MS Teams, Facebook Messenger, Skype, Google Hangouts, Meet, Viber, Facetime, GoToMeeting, and Webex.
- Flexible Recording: you can record video and audio separately, or in HD for a splendid production.
- Video Editing: cut portions of a recording, highlight your content with eye-catching graphics, and insert title and comments to produce video presentations.
- Sharing: you can instantly share your recorded content- video, audio, or transcribed text on Google Drive, DropBox, One Drive, and Evernote.
- Transcription: automatically transcribe your video or audio into text using advanced automated transcription technology from IBM Watson and Google.
- You can transcribe your recordings into 18 languages including UK & US English, Spanish, German, French, Brazilian, Portuguese, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, and more.
- Starting at only $9.95 a year, Call Note is an affordable solution.
- They have a generous free plan that allows you to record Skype, Facebook Messenger, Hangouts, and Viber calls for free.
- The software is available in both Mac and Windows.
- No multi-tracking, pause recording, or editing in the version.
- You can only create a text file from your video/audio recording on the Pro Plan.
Foremost Call Recording Software For Team Collaboration
Dial Pad is a merged communications platform.
They help businesses streamline their communication processes and boost productivity. The software connects teams through video, voice, messages, and online meetings.
- Contact Center: get a hosted call center with call recording, interactive voice response (IVR) for routing, quality management, and analytics.
- Web Conferencing: improve your online meeting experience with marvelous audio and web conferencing, conference call settings, and advanced screen sharing.
- Reliability And Security: back up your data automatically and keep it and lock and key with call encryption and layered security.
- Messaging: strengthen team collaboration with state-of-the-art business messaging features like SMS, Group SMS, MMS, and more.
- Call Routing: from call transfer to call parking and forwarding, Dial Pad gives you a complete suite of calling and routing features.
- Dial Pad is easy to set up and configure.
- They have powerful customer care and call center capabilities.
- The recording systems connect well with Outlook and G Suite.
- An AI-infused phone system that automates note-taking, detects customer sentiments, and recommends actionable call content.
- You can only get the video conferencing feature as a $15 add-on, something competitors offer as part of the basic package.
- They have a limited reporting feature compared to the industry pacesetters.
Call Recordings Program List: A Wrap-Up
My list of the top call recording software you can use to manage your business calls effectively. There’s no doubt that phone calls and virtual meetings continue to play a pivotal role in the post-pandemic workplace.
Choose the best call recording tool for your business communication needs.